We all know that building an email list is essential to email marketing. The WWSGD (What Would Seth Godin Do) WordPress plugin is a great solution to add custom messages to your blog or site for new and/or returning visitors. The plugin allows you to share a message below or above content and on blog posts and/or pages. With easy installation and customization, the WWSGD is a great way to drive attention to your email newsletter.
Build Your Email List With The WWSGD Plugin
- Build your ExpressPigeon subscription form. Learn how here.
- Install & activate WWSGD WordPress Plugin. Navigate to “Plugins”. Search for “WWSGD”. Install & activate.
- Navigate to “Settings” and click “WWSGD”.
- Add ExpressPigeon subscription form URL to WWSGD plugin. Navigate to “Subscriptions” in your ExpressPigeon account. Select the subscription form you want to feature on your site. Click “View online” and copy the URL. Paste the URL to replace “stock” URL provided by WWSGD.
- Customize WWSGD plugin & save. Add a custom message for new and/or return visitors. Select the number of times a user must visit the site before they are considered “returning visitors”. Specify the location of the message within a post and whether you want the messages to show on posts & pages or only pages. Click “Save Settings” and you’re ready to go!
In our example, we created a message for new visitors only. View the plugin in action below. Happy marketing!
Send better email.
Join thousands who receive
timely email marketing tips.
No SPAM. We promise.